Are you a parent who wants to be more present with your family but things just seem to get in the way? Sometimes we worry, and there are so many things we worry about. Finances, family issues, work issues, our own insecurities, what people think when your children act up, and the list goes on and on. Therapist, Don Bennion joins me in this two-part discussion on the internal workings of being present. All of this works for you whether you are at home, work, church or any other situation.
In this episode you will learn:
- What it means to be present.
- The difference between feelings and thoughts.
- What it takes to be “good at life.”
- The role of emotional stability
- The danger of external validations
- What anxiety is telling you
During the conversation Don mentions 3 authors.
- Childhood Disrupted: How Your Biography Becomes Your Biology and How You can Heal, by Donna Jackson Nakazawa.
- A New Earth; Awakening to Your Life's Purpose by Ekhert Tolle
- Gabor Maté has done some great work on stress and attention deficit disorder. A couple of his books that might be of use to you are: Scattered Minds: A New Look at the Origins and Healing of Attention Deficit Disorder, Scattered: How Attention Deficit Disorder Originates and What You Can Do About It. When the Body Says No: The Cost of Hidden Stress.
- All of these books are available on Amazon and other places you buy books.
You can always checkout our website and see what we have going on.
Be sure to follow and leave a comment about our podcast on you socials and tag me so I can give you a shout out on the podcast.